Tammy has been a paralegal at Taggart and Taggart since 2008. She provides legal support, with a focus in the areas of water rights and real property, performs title research, analyzes and perfects water rights from the application process to certification, and provides general litigation support and database management. She was previously the Director of Operations in the Water Rights Department at Resource Management and Development Inc. and has also been a water rights technician. Tammy graduated from law school in May 2020 and sat for the August 2020 Nevada Bar Exam (results pending).
Tammy received her Juris Doctor degree at the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, with an Environmental Law Concentration, in May 2020. Tammy received her Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science from the University of Nevada, Reno, with a minor in mathematics, in December 2003.
Professional Organizations and Accomplishments
- Witkin Award for Academic Excellence for Global Lawyering Skills I (Fall 2016), Contracts (Fall 2017), Water Resource Law (Spring 2018), Evidence (Fall 2018), Environmental Practice (Spring 2019), Transnational Litigation (Spring 2019) and Professional Responsibility (Fall 2019).
- Order of the Coif, May 2020.
- JD Salutatorian, Evening Division.
- Expert Witness in Water Right Title, Qualified before the Nevada State Engineer 2015
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, Member
- Nevada Water Resources Association, Member
Her interests include fishing, hiking, skiing, reading, and saltwater aquariums.