Paul Taggart will be speaking at the 2nd Annual Nevada Water Law Conference Addressing & Resolving Water Disputes. November 28-29, 2018 at the Peppermill in Reno, Nevada.
“We have assembled Nevada’s foremost water law experts to provide you with the latest state and federal legal updates, best practices, and policy perspectives related to addressing and resolving conflicts over water”.
- Nevada Water Supply Status
- Legislative Preview
- Report from the State Engineer’s Office
- Evaporative Demand and Implications for Nevada Water
- Texas v. New Mexico and Colorado
- Updates on Regional Water Disputes
- Forfeiture and Abandonment
- Walker River Adjudication
- Colorado River Drought Contingency Planning
Las Vegas Review Journal Articles:
Ranch and resource manager Bernard Petersen, and Zane Marshall, director of resources for the Southern Nevada Water Authority, look at Swallow Spring at Great Basin Ranch in Spring Valley in White Pine County.
The vast, empty valleys of eastern Nevada could lose everything — from their springs and native plants to the visible blanket of stars above — if the Southern Nevada Water Authority is allowed to siphon groundwater from beneath them to feed growth in Las Vegas.
As part of a test to see how much water it should be allowed to pump, the Southern Nevada Water Authority spent $36 million to build a treatment plant and a pipeline from this Coyote Springs Valley well to Moapa Valley Water Districts system…
Nevada Water Law Conference | Managing a Scarce Resource. November 13-14, 2017
Powerful insights on topics including:
- Federal and State Case Law Updates
- Nevada Water Supply Status and Trends
- Federal Water Policy Changes
- Humboldt River Basin Water
- Eureka County/Diamond Valley Water
- Colorado River Report
- Groundwater Management: Lessons from California
- Non-Appropriative Water Rights
- Recycled Water and Water Reuse Conference Brochure